Monday, June 1, 2009

Sweet Memories


So your childhood days were filled with sucking down the juice from wax bottles or cracking a baby tooth on a frozen Charleston Chew. Well, those were my memories, but I am sure you have your own sugar induced ones yourself. You have been searching high and low for Mary Jane's and Sky Bars to bring you back to those better days. I bet you have found these delights from time to time, but at a steep cost or a stale taste. Now you can treat yourself to those confections for the same price as today's treats. Head over to Economy Candy in NYC's Lower East Side, to gastronomically reminisce. When you walk into this sweet location, there is candy from floor to ceiling. If you are looking for something to satisfy that sweet tooth, this place is your perfect destination. They have bulk candy, international candy, novelty candy, any type of candy at a reasonable price. Don't think one pack of Chuckles enough? Buy a whole case. Besides falling in love with London when I lived there, their chocolates hold a special place in my heart. For under $2, I can treat myself to a Flake or Aero bar, to send me back across the pond. Getting to the LES harder then boarding the subway? Don't you fret, they have an online shop. Just don't get caught with a candy cigarette, even pretending is not good for the health.

1 comment:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Damn. I do so enjoy a good candy cigarette, but I will not be introducing them to my little dude. Poor little guy, he'll never know what he's missing.