Sunday, September 12, 2010

On a recent trip to Six Flags my girls and I took a detour to the Jackson Outlets. Everyone said they were great, had huge selection of all the stores you want to save at. However, I was underwhelmed by this place. Yes they had your staples from J. Crew to Brooks Brothers but something was missing. But recently being the frugal momma that I am I took a drive up to Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets in Harriman, New York. Now this is the mecca of outlet shopping. Being my first outlet experience from my childhood, it has let my expectations down for future savings trips. Covering aces of land and having every off price store imaginable there is no reason to test out other outlet centers.  Ancorhed by one of four Ralph Lauren stores, the center spreads itself with impressive store fronts . There is something to satisfy anyone's shopping needs; unfortunately there is even an Ed Hardy store. Fashionistas strapped for cash head straight to apple court where there is a Prada, Off 5th, Last Call, and a Dolce & Gabbana just to name a few. Get this ladies I saw the coveted Balmain Zipper boots in multiple stores. The discounts here are legit and even come with more reduced at the register. If your in the city rent a Mint car. Visiting the city and bored for a reason, make your trip out here. The bags of designer goods you lug back into town will equal the bags of money you saved.
Image via Woodbury Commons

No comments: